Thursday, December 9, 2010

29 + one day....

Last night was full of birthday celebrating merriment.  I got home from work and was greeted by this little furball...

Doesn't he look *so* happy?

This, folks, was a moment in time (captured on film!!) that (sadly) will probably never be repeated in such a harmonious way.  Max hates being held, yet every night when I get home from work, I pick him up and snuggle with him.  It usually lasts about 15 seconds before he tries to takes a bite out of my shoulder and then takes a flying leap toward the floor.

Meh.  Cats.  But, I still love him!  ♥♥♥

Sitting on the kitchen table were two wrapped gifts - one from the husband (and the brother...it was a joint birthday/Christmas gift) and one from the in-laws.  I opened the first package and was completely surprised to find this little beauty...

!!!!!

My in-laws got me a red leather cover to go with it.........and I just downloaded "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (which I keep hearing such great things about) for a whopping $5.70.  I think I am in love.

After the birthday gift surprises, the husband and I were off for a birthday dinner at one of my favorite (cheap, yet finger-lickin'-good) indulgences....Red Lobster.  Mmmm....crab legs......nomnomnom.....

Yeah, I didn't have any of the fancy fish, but I was excited to see my birthday on the special menu!

This was probably one of the best birthdays I have ever had..........seems like 29 is going to be a good year!

1 comment:

  1. Hamsterish here... I have a cat who isn't fond of being snorgled... but I do it twice a day anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete