Monday, December 13, 2010

Busy weekends in December are usually the "norm"...

...and this weekend was definitely no exception to the rule!  Here's a quick recap...

Friday was probably one of the longest days at work ever (not because I was super busy, more because it was a Friday and more than half the people in the office were gone by noon).  I was planning to meet my brother for an evening of theater and drinks with friends around 6:30pm, which meant that the afternoon ticked by very slowly.

But, it was finally time to meet and we had a fabulous time seeing friends in "It's a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play":

Because every time a bell rings, an angel really DOES get its wings!

Saturday brought with it warmer temperatures, but also a lot more RAIN RAIN RAIN.  Yes, yes I do know that we live in Seattle and that (shocker) it rains here.  But, we had a nice little Pineapple Express passing through this weekend, so the sky (and ground) were especially wet this weekend.  The husband and I went and saw my parents since in a Christmas concert with the new community choir they sing with.  There were kazoo's involved and everything!


Sunday, though, was the best/most exhausting day of the weekend.  It was spent at the in-laws house baking baking baking!!  We made about 8 different types of cookies.......and brought home far too many.  The cookies will probably be making an appearance at my office later this week (because there are far too many sitting on my kitchen counter at home for the husband and I to eat and still be able to stay the same pant size).

Such a wonderful weekend!  I hope yours was great, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment