Of course, no new year's post would be complete without a bit of reflection on the year that has passed....
2010 proved to be much more amazing that I could have thought 365 days ago:
- The husband starting taking classes last winter quarter in the Welding and Metal Fabrication program and thoroughly enjoys melting metal with fire. Boys... :)
- Very good friends of ours (who live WAY too far away in Florida) adopted a BEAUTIFUL baby girl in February. She was 11 weeks premature and was in the hospital for almost two months, but she is a fighter!
Just a few weeks old...smiling already!
Beautiful 10-month-old!
- We celebrated our first wedding anniversary with a beautiful, sunshine-y day! We went to the zoo and then dinner at the newly opened Hard Rock Cafe (one of our favorite tourist stops in other cities). Of course, we also tried to eat the top layer of our wedidng cake, too. It was.........edible.
- The husband (who was a casualty of the economy over the last two years) finally found a 9-month, permanent position at a local city, so we are now back to being a two-income family (which has let me breathe a sigh of relief).
- I applied for, and was accepted to, the M.Ed. in School Counseling program at the University I work for. I officially started my program this past fall quarter and got a 4.00!
- I performed in my first musical theater show (since junior high) this past summer. I was (self-named) "Secretary #8" in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying...and I had a BLAST being on-stage again!
Working...very seriously...at least I look convincing...
Hanging out backstage with my secretary friends!
- We moved to a much nicer neighborhood - and the bonus is that it is MUCH closer to work/school for both of us. Yay for shorter commutes!
- We spent 10 days in Florida visiting our already mentioned friends and their (then) 7-month-old.
Honestly, isn't she the CUTEST?!
- Finally, in November I decided that I was done blow-drying, flat-ironing, and styling my hair for an hour every.single.morning. So, it was bye-bye- inverted bob, and hello.......
Pixie cut!!
It has been a great year. Truly, a great year. And I am so very thankful for all of our adventures in 2010.
So......
Where do we go from here? As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, it is sunny this morning. Cold, but very sunny. That is not normal for this time of the year in our corner of the country. And I'm looking forward to the sunshine following us this year. I can feel that it will be a good year. Cheers to 2011!!











No comments:
Post a Comment